It is currently 15 Nov 2018 19:09

Kredits (XKR)

COMMUNITY INITIATIVE BRINGING NEW LIFE TO KWAGSH

What would be the main feature of this coin?

Post by Ough » 07 Sep 2018 23:19

In the Discord server for legacy Kwagsh, youpool.io asked this question:
Youpool is a stakeholder in the coin, too. He runs a pool for KGH and he holds KGH (which he can currently not sell) as a result of having earned them in pool fees.

So what would be the main feature of the coin?
  • It is a privacy coin (but so are other CN coins.)
  • Mining is for everyone and nodes decentralized (but that is also true for other ASIC-resistant coins.)
Is there anything which sets Kwagsh or Kwagsh 2.0 apart from other ASIC-resistant Monero-like clones?

The original developer of Kwagsh hardly came up with anything particularly unique, apart from giving Kwagsh a total projected coin supply of 100 billion (i.e., 100,000 million KGH), which is more than five thousand times the Monero coin supply of a mere 18,4 million XMR.

UPDATED WITH BRAINSTORM BOX FOR POTENTIAL USE CASE SCENARIOS:
https://community.kredits.cc/viewforum.php?f=10

Re: What would be the main feature of this coin?

Post by AverageJoe » 08 Sep 2018 00:03

I love that big supply, man.... when I mined kgh for 2 weeks it felt as if I was getting somewhere... thousands of coins....
with monero after 3 weeks all I got was 0.0021257785 that is still on the pool because i never reached the payout minimum...

Post by Karsen » 08 Sep 2018 06:38

You guys just need to find something of comon use that this coin could be applied for example, coins gained when you do air miles, allowing you to eventually pay for discounts in flights, just an example, but a use case is always helpfull in the coin developments

Post by Ough » 08 Sep 2018 10:48

AverageCitizen wrote:I love that big supply, man....
Is a big supply generally good or bad for a coin?
How does it affect the market?
Why did WorkTips decide to have a big supply, too? (Almost twice the supply of Kwashgh-KGH)

Is the big supply the only defining feature which sets Kwagsh apart from most of the other cryptonote coins right now?

Post by Karsen » 15 Sep 2018 00:10

Worktips decided to go for a big supply, cause they want the tips to work with a more confortable margin.

Kwagsh supply to be honest, isn't that high, it's almost half of worktips, and alot less than many other coins out there.

Post by AverageCitizen » 17 Sep 2018 02:35

Coin supply IMO should be much lower but keep the same "feel" of a larger amount from 1.0. While it was great to get millions of coins per day, in reality kgh 1.0 was buckling under it's own weight from the circulating supply. Having a btc satoshi value was good but no buys were happening. as we all saw, the coin slide down the rabbit hole to xmr then ltc then doge. Miners were not making the proper returns on investment of time and computing costs while the exchange traders were making huge amounts. It was very lopsided. My hope for 2.0 is for it to be seen as a longer term holding not the typical pump and dump cryptonight coin that it was.

Post by neopunk » 26 Sep 2018 14:27

What sets us apart from Monero and its clones? The high supply.
Maybe we can use this text:

• Kredits.cc - XKR - community crypto. Kredits (XKR) is the fast and flexible crypto currency: A community coin by the community, for the community, with complete blockchain privacy and fast transactions. A better, faster, more accessible and scalable evolution of Monero.
  • What makes Kredits different? A higher coin supply means cheaper coins, which in turn means greater reach, more usage and easier accessibility for everyone in the community. For new users, Kredits (XKR) provides an easy on-ramp to crypto: Unlike its bigger and more expensive brother XMR, everyone can afford a wallet full of XKRs. Think of Kredits as the Litecoin to Monero's Bitcoin, only better.
I don't know if this is the right direction.

Post by AverageJoe » 27 Sep 2018 10:18

neopunk wrote:
  • Kredits.cc - XKR - community crypto. Kredits (XKR) is the fast and flexible crypto currency: A community coin by the community, for the community, with complete blockchain privacy and fast transactions. A better, faster, more accessible and scalable evolution of Monero.
  • What makes Kredits different? A higher coin supply means cheaper coins, which in turn means greater reach, more usage and easier accessibility for everyone in the community. For new users, Kredits (XKR) provides an easy on-ramp to crypto: Unlike its bigger and more expensive brother XMR, everyone can afford a wallet full of XKRs. Think of Kredits as the Litecoin to Monero's Bitcoin, only better.

I like this text & support it. Try to make it shorter.
"KREDITS - The lighter, better, faster Monero for everyone"

But: If we are "monero-light" we ought to use the Monero colors in the logo.

Post by Ough » 02 Oct 2018 11:33

We have sort of moved the past logo decision already but since we have not yet officially launched 2.0, there is of course still time for changes. No problem with mocking up some samples and getting input from the community as to whether we should try Monero colors or not.

Slimming down neopunk's proposal, a one-liner which sums it all up would be:
Kredits (XKR) is a new community-driven "Monero-light": a better, faster, more accessible and scalable evolution of the world's most resilient privacy coin.

Post by AverageCitizen » 02 Oct 2018 13:30

neopunk wrote:What sets us apart from Monero and its clones? The high supply.
Maybe we can use this text:

I don't know if this is the right direction.

"Kredits.cc - XKR - community crypto. Kredits (XKR) is the fast and flexible crypto currency: A community coin by the community, for the community, with complete blockchain privacy and fast transactions. A better, faster, more accessible and scalable evolution of Monero."
This is gold :) however we might not want to "neener neener" the monero team by saying, "A better, faster, more accessible and scalable evolution of Monero."
Possibly, a substitution could be, "A better, faster, more accessable and scalable evolution in blockchain technology."

"What makes Kredits different? A higher coin supply means cheaper coins, which in turn means greater reach, more usage and easier accessibility for everyone in the community. For new users, Kredits (XKR) provides an easy on-ramp to crypto: Unlike its bigger and more expensive brother XMR, everyone can afford a wallet full of XKRs."

If I could suggest an edit, "What makes Kredits different? A higher coin supply means cheaper coins, which in turn means greater reach, more usage and easier accessibility for everyone in the community. For new users, Kredits (XKR) provides an easy on-ramp to the cryptocurrency world.
What else sets us apart?
*This is an all volunteer operation spearheaded by both experienced developers and knowledgeable newcomers working together for the success of the project.
*Inclusive voting rights for our miners. Community run means community led. All miners are encouraged to vote on key directional points or major project implementations
*Continual Research & Development.

Kredits coin project. Passion, Innovation, Anonymity and Security drive us.
"Let's see what good we can do today"

Return to General discussion