It is currently 15 Nov 2018 19:04

Kredits (XKR)

COMMUNITY INITIATIVE BRINGING NEW LIFE TO KWAGSH

POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Choose the final name for Kwagsh 2.0

Poll ended at 21 Sep 2018 06:25

K Coin
4
19%
Kredits
17
81%
 
Total votes : 21

 
Posts: 81
Joined: 06 Sep 2018 05:12

POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Post by Ough » 16 Sep 2018 06:25

In the previous rebranding poll on changing the coin's name, K Coin and Kredits (listed as Other due to late entry) came in as the two finalists.

As the name Kredits was a late entry it was decided to extend the voting for the two finalists in a new poll with only these two options. The name which gets chosen by the majority of the community will be Kwagsh's new name and will appear in coin listings, websites, wallets, ecosystem branding, etc.

VOTING HAS NOW CLOSED

 
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Sep 2018 04:17

Re: POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Post by Chameleonoox » 16 Sep 2018 09:05

vote done

 
Posts: 27
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 00:58
Location: Southern United States

Re: POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Post by AverageCitizen » 17 Sep 2018 01:25

I believe Kredits would be the way to go. Under KGH 1.0, I had contact with a few exchanges. Namely, Maplechange and Stocks.exchange. After the meltdown, I withdrew the request from both exchanges and doubt either would be willing to have that coin name in their listings. Kredits is a solid, distanced name that will have the ability to stand on it's own merits.

 
Posts: 9
Joined: 06 Sep 2018 04:19

Re: POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Post by rebeldev » 17 Sep 2018 05:02

RealAverageCitizen wrote:Kredits is a solid, distanced name that will have the ability to stand on it's own merits.
Impossible to disagree. Kredits is solid.

It is good to see you here, (Real) Average Citizen. I know you ran a pool for KGH and was not treated right by the 1.0 dev. That was when I lost faith in the coin but the new initiative for it has brought me back and I volunteered to be the 2.0 coin's junior dev.

 
Posts: 56
Joined: 06 Sep 2018 23:57

Re: POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Post by Karsen » 17 Sep 2018 09:40

I would say, there's no need to wait for 21 sep to decide the name, the majority seems to already agree on the name with a massive lead, there was 19 votes on the other poll, there's 16 in this already with a 14 lead on Kredits, 3 more won't make a difference

 
Posts: 81
Joined: 06 Sep 2018 05:12

Re: POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Post by Ough » 17 Sep 2018 11:16

Karsen is right, and there is obviously massive support for Kredits as the coin's new name: the dark horse late entry that showed up as a surprise out of the nowhere in the initial list of naming candidates.

It is great that there is near complete unity behind this name. It sends a strong message that we are absolutely united as a community and will be able to move forward with a shared vision and a slick cool name that pretty much has the full support of all of us.

However, for the sake of correctness please understand that we can't change the rules midway into the game. We have to give newcomers to the community a chance to show up late and vote too, if they want to. The same will be true when it comes time to do the upcoming coin swap: We set out the parameters and then we stick to them religiously, without changing midway and shortening the period in which the coin's stakeholders will get their money.

 
Posts: 27
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 00:58
Location: Southern United States

Re: POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Post by AverageCitizen » 17 Sep 2018 12:13

rebeldev wrote:
RealAverageCitizen wrote:Kredits is a solid, distanced name that will have the ability to stand on it's own merits.
Impossible to disagree. Kredits is solid.

It is good to see you here, (Real) Average Citizen. I know you ran a pool for KGH and was not treated right by the 1.0 dev. That was when I lost faith in the coin but the new initiative for it has brought me back and I volunteered to be the 2.0 coin's junior dev.


Thank you. It's good to be back. It's even better to see such a strong ethic towards community and transparency, fresh ideas and new direction.
Once 2.0 is in full motion, I'd be happy to run a pool again.

 
Posts: 32
Joined: 07 Sep 2018 23:56

Re: POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Post by AverageJoe » 19 Sep 2018 01:39

Kredits is a great name for a coin. Much better than Kwagsh.
And I like how this community is really coming together now and united behind the goal.

 
Posts: 27
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 00:58
Location: Southern United States

Re: POLL: K Coin or Kredits

Post by AverageCitizen » 19 Sep 2018 04:36

oooouhhgh wrote:Karsen is right, and there is obviously massive support for Kredits as the coin's new name: the dark horse late entry that showed up as a surprise out of the nowhere in the initial list of naming candidates.

It is great that there is near complete unity behind this name. It sends a strong message that we are absolutely united as a community and will be able to move forward with a shared vision and a slick cool name that pretty much has the full support of all of us.

However, for the sake of correctness please understand that we can't change the rules midway into the game. We have to give newcomers to the community a chance to show up late and vote too, if they want to. The same will be true when it comes time to do the upcoming coin swap: We set out the parameters and then we stick to them religiously, without changing midway and shortening the period in which the coin's stakeholders will get their money.


I agree. While it seems we have found through consensus a new moniker for the coin, adhereing to the time frame already set forth is a good thing. It sets a standard for the community without shorting anyone new with another idea.


Return to Rebranding