It is currently 25 Apr 2019 06:36

Kredits (XKR)

COMMUNITY INITIATIVE BRINGING NEW LIFE TO KWAGSH

Question: Kredit or Kredits?

Question: Kredit or Kredits?

Post by Ough » 14 Nov 2018 00:33

Now that we are getting close to the relaunch, I have a question about brand identity.

Do we want to style the name of the coin as KREDIT or as KREDITS, with an 's' at the end?

Until now, in our internal discussions here in the forum and on Telegram and Discord, we've called our coin Kredits. But maybe the more correct name is Kredit? After all, look at our big brother Monero: No one refers to XMR as Moneros. Same with BTC. The name of that coin is Bitcoin, not Bitcoins. Similar examples abound.

Opinions?

Re: Question: Kredit or Kredits?

Post by Karsen » 15 Nov 2018 13:05

Both can be used, even though personaly i do prefer Kredits for the general use, to be honest Monero doesn't sound that good in it's plural form, that's probably why it isn't used that much has Moneros xD

Post by S7nAcks » 15 Nov 2018 14:43

Both are fine, but I like Kredits better. Either way we can't go wrong.

Post by AverageJoe » 15 Nov 2018 16:02

I agree with S7nAcks: Both are fine.
We have a really truly great name.

Post by AverageCitizen » 18 Nov 2018 14:49

I prefer Kredits. The s at the end denoting multiples gives a feel of many coins to be had.

Post by Ough » 18 Nov 2018 17:02

AverageCitizen wrote:the s at the end denoting multiples gives a feel of many coins to be had.
This is an interesting observation. I never thought of that, but it is true.

Well, that does it then: I am convinced.

I, too, prefer Kredits instead of Kredit.

If no one has any objections, the branding guideline will be for use of "Kredits" (with the 's') on all websites, listings and other places where the coin is mentioned.

That doesn't stop anyone from using Kredit, if they prefer, or even from referring to the coin as Kredit$. Because this is crypto, after all, and crypto is permissionless. So whoever wants to can go ahead and use whatever variation they like best. As a 100% community-driven coin, no one "owns" this project. In our institutional branding, however, it will be: KREDITS.

Return to General discussion